Arrogance causes Evolutionists, Old-Earthers, Big-Bangers, No-Flooders, and Atheists to act disrespectfully toward Christ-Followers and God-Believers.
Here is an example from Answers in Genesis--claiming that there is no evidence for biblical creation:
We need to understand that we’re all looking at the same “evidence.” But it is our worldview that affects our interpretation of this evidence in relation to the past. Claiming there is no evidence for biblical creation is not sound, respectful reasoning. It’s merely an unfounded excuse to escape having to debate a scientist with a view that happens to contradict their evolutionary view, which they hold as fact (even though they have no eyewitness account of the supposed billions of years of earth history)! In reality, evolution and millions of years are their way of explaining their religion of life without God.
Other displays of arrogance:
- It is arrogant to claim that it is arrogant for Christ-followers to say that they are experiencing what they are experiencing without any evidence to show that the Christ-followers are not experiencing what they are experiencing.
- It is NOT arrogant for Christ-followers to say that they are experiencing what they are experiencing without any evidence to show that the Christ-followers are not experiencing what they are experiencing.
- It is arrogant to make a blanket statement that all Christ-followers are arrogant, simply because they follow Jesus. Not only that; it is irrational. Christ-followers believe this: 2 Timothy 2:24-26 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle to all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those who oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them a new mind into the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may return to soberness out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him into his will.
- It is not arrogant to follow Christ and believe what He says rather than what people say.
- It is arrogant to use the words, creationism and evolution together.
- It is NOT arrogant to use the words, when they are used together, in an equal way: creation versus evolution or creationism verses evolutionism. The other facts can be talked about without arrogance.
- It is arrogant to claim that there is no evidence for the Genesis flood.
- It is NOT arrogant to point out that the evidence fits that Genesis account more perfectly than it fits the Big-Bang/Evolution story.
- It is arrogant to claim that evolution is science and creation is not.
- It is NOT arrogant to note that science is not really able to look into the past as well as it looks into the present, and that belief in either evolution or creation requires either baseless rationalized belief or revelation from the Almighty God.
- It is arrogant to say that to be a creationist one must have already rendered facts moot and must have faith--faith that there can be a suspension of all reason and contrary evidence. (This type of remark is not only arrogant but also ignorant.)
- It is NOT arrogant to admit that God has revealed to you that the beliefs of evolutionists and atheists are in error.
- It is arrogant to say that the Bible cannot be part of the discussion, except in a negative way.
- It is NOT arrogant to admit that God has revealed to you that the Bible is the Word of God without error.
- It is arrogant to say that Christians are not experiencing what we are experiencing.
- It is NOT arrogant to say that every follower of Christ is actually being led by the real Christ, not a theory or story.
- It is arrogant to say that the ungodly gets to set all the standards for discussion.
- It is NOT arrogant to say that both parties to the discussion ought to be able to let their statements stand on the merits of what they say.
- It is arrogant to say that the worldview/paradigm of the ungodly person is reality.
- It is NOT arrogant to say that God reveals and is progressively working to remove the worldview/paradigm of those who follow Christ and to replace it with revelation of reality as it really is.
- It is arrogant to the arrogant ask question after question and for some weird reason obsess with wasting time on discussions with no intent on really truly looking into any of the answers they are given, but rather the only agenda is to mock and tear down.
- It is not arrogant to ask a question and listen to the answer that is given and consider whether or not that answer is true--to determine what parts of the answer are independent of any made-up stories, arbitrary assumptions, logical fallacies, or outright lies, and which parts are speculative or are in conflict with what God is saying to us.
Last updated: Dec, 2013
Answers for Witness
Stories Versus Revelation
Tactics & Tricks
Toons & Vids
I don't understand you. Refusing to Understand
Throwing a Volume of Mud at the Wall Hoping that Some of it Will Stick
Satan Uses Bullying Tactics Through His Slaves, Those Who Love Darkness Rather than Light
Presupposition is a Very Powerful and Hypnotic Method of Deception
Ungodly Trolls & Debaters
Saying You Are Irrational
Reversing the Non-Reversable
Reversing the Burden of Proof
All the Scientists Agree
The Circular Reasoning Tactic
If I Can Make Up a Possible Story, that Story is Science
Answer to Critic
Appeal to Possibility
Argument to the Future
Love Between a Man and Woman
Righteousness & Holiness
Proof by Atheism
Scriptures About Marriage
The Reason for Rejecting Truth
Witness on the Internet
Flaky Human Reasoning
How Do You Know?
The Real Purpose of the Church
The Real Purpose of Life
From Glory to Glory
REAL Faith--What it IS & IS NOT
REAL Love--What it IS & IS NOT
How to be Led by God
How to Witness
Wisdom: Righteousness & Reality
Holiness & Mind/Soul
Redemption: Free From Sin
Stories Versus Revelation
Circular Reasoning-Who is Guilty?
How Can We Know Anything?
Mind Designed to Relate to God
Answers for the Confused
Fossil Record Says: "Creation"
Avoid These Pitfalls
Public School's Religion
Public School Failures
How can we know anything about anything?
That's the real question