Bible Study Tool
Second letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
1. Paul called by the will of God--blessings to the church and to God--Paul's trouble in Asia--Paul's desire to come to Corinth
2. the punishment is enough, so reaffirm your love
3. living epistles (letters)--ministers of the new covenant--Moses' veil over his face--the veil (a type of the flesh) over the faces of the religious people of the day--cannot see the Word--we take away the veil and look in the mirror seeing the glory of the Lord and are changed into the same image by the Holy Ghost
4. the nature of ministry--focus on Jesus--treasure in earthen vessels--the resurrection--the outer man decays; the inner man is made new--affliction brings glory
5. if our earthly body is destroyed, we have a new one from God--we groan to be clothed with that body--the Holy Spirit is a pledge of this promise--the judgment seat of Christ to be recompensed for the deeds of the body--know no one after the flesh but after the spirit--new creature in Christ--be the righteousness of God in Christ
6. don't receive the grace of God in vain--no cause for offense let the ministry (Christ in us) be blamed--avoid the unequal yoke, but be separate
7. cleansing from the defilement of the flesh and spirit to complete holiness--godly sorrow brings repentance--obedience remembered and commended
9. giving--the law of giving and receiving--promises of giving
10. Paul answers some accusations: cowardice, walking in the flesh, personal weakness
11. Paul, a true apostle--they teach another jesus--false apostles--they put up with the false apostles who boast--Paul boasts of his suffering
12. Paul's vision--Paul's thorn in the flesh--the signs supporting Paul's apostleship
13. warning: examine yourselves--farewell
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.