Bible Study Tool
Letter to the Hebrews.
1. Christ compared to prophets--His deity
2. Give heed, don't neglect, listen--man, angels, and earth--Jesus was humbled temporarily for our sakes
3. Jesus, our high priest--if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts--the horrible sin of unbelief and a hard heart
4. entering His rest--come boldly into the throne of grace for help in time of need
5. the priesthood of Aaron--the priesthood of Melchisedek--dullness of hearing a sign of immaturity
6. first principles of Christ (milk)--senses exercised by reason of use--better things, maturity
7. Melchizedek's priesthood like Christ's--comparison to the priesthood of Aaron
8. the better ministry--the better new covenant
9. the old covenant: sanctuary, sacrifice--the new covenant: sanctuary, sacrifice
10. one complete sacrifice, that of Christ, is sufficient--the new and living way through the veil (a type of flesh): draw near, pure heart/mind, faith, washed, stability, love and good works, assembling together, encouraging one another--danger: willful sin, casting away confidence, lack of patience--the just shall live by faith, but God has no pleasure in any who draw back
11. examples of faith
12. Christ's example--the Father's discipline--Zion (the Kingdom/the church) much greater than Sinai--all that can be shaken must be shaken (removed) so that which cannot be shaken will remain
13. love expressed in our lives--obedience to elders and deacons, local or universal
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.