The Human Goodness Cult is a mindset that can be found in almost all organizations.
It is the belief that human beings can self-generate righteousness
The real difference between a cult and the church
- the spirit of antichrist.
- viewpoint = self-righteousness
- salvation by some other means than Christ alone
- righteousness by some other means than Christ alone
- holiness or sanctification by some other means than Christ alone
Any person can be affected by doctrines of cults.
- redemption, freedom from habits, sins, etc., by some other means than Christ alone
- doctrine of human goodness.
Cults use all the methods listed above to teach their doctrines,
Christians, who are commanded to lead people to Christ, are usually silent or else unconsciously repeating the cult doctrines without realizing that they are doing damage to souls of others.
- self-help group,
- self-help books
- attended classes at a university,
- attended high school or grade school,
- watch TV
- play video games,
- popular music,
What does the Bible say?
- Have you ever heard these:
- "Most people are basically good."
- "Every person has a seed of goodness in them."
- "All people have a good part of their heart and an evil part of their heart."
- "All people have a spark of God in them."
- "All people have a little bit of God in them. You just have to find that God in them."
- You just have to find that spark of goodness in others.
- All of these are lies.
Can you see the difference between a cult and the Christian teachings?
- The Bible, speaking of God, says, "My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. (Psalm 144:2)"
- Jesus said, "There is none good but God."
- Paul, speaking as a Christian, says, "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Romans 7:18
- John 1:9 speaks of "The light that lights every man the comes into the world."
- If someone shines a flashlight on you, is the light in you? No.
- Can you ignore the light or make it have no effect on you? Yes.
- That is why true Atheists protect themselves from Jesus. They do not want that light shining on them.
- "The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time." Genesis 6:5 Without Jesus, this is the natural state of mankind. This is what happens without Christ.
- Salvation is to Righteousness, Holiness, and Redemption. What does that mean?
- What about Christ in us? Colossians 1:27 That is a change that happens to us when we accept Christ.
- It starts like this.
- The Father draws us.
- He shines His light on us.
- At first, most people reject the light.
- Over time, through His love, the Father draws those who will be drawn.
- He keeps drawing them until the day when they accept Christ as the One who will rule over their lives and deliver them from the emptiness and pain of sin.
- Then, their most inner being, their spirit, is joined to the Spirit of Christ.
- That is the new birth.
- However, the fleshly nature still has no good in it.
- The battle between the flesh and the spirit begins.
- Before this point, the person was totally Satan's own, living in self-righteousness.
Last updated: Nov, 2011
Encyclopedia of Logical Fallacies
Human Goodness Cult--Self-Righteousness
Human Goodness Outline
Toons & Vids
Human Goodness Cult--Self-Righteousness--Outline Form
Aren't most people basically good?
Answer to Critic
Appeal to Possibility
Argument to the Future
Love Between a Man and Woman
Righteousness & Holiness
Proof by Atheism
Scriptures About Marriage
The Reason for Rejecting Truth
Witness on the Internet
Flaky Human Reasoning
How Do You Know?
The Real Purpose of the Church
The Real Purpose of Life
From Glory to Glory
REAL Faith--What it IS & IS NOT
REAL Love--What it IS & IS NOT
How to be Led by God
How to Witness
Wisdom: Righteousness & Reality
Holiness & Mind/Soul
Redemption: Free From Sin
Stories Versus Revelation
Circular Reasoning-Who is Guilty?
How Can We Know Anything?
Mind Designed to Relate to God
Answers for the Confused
Fossil Record Says: "Creation"
Avoid These Pitfalls
Public School's Religion
Public School Failures
How can we know anything about anything?
That's the real question