NEW LIFE BEGAN TO BURST FORTH
- God alone is able to save men from their sins by His sovereign grace. A light began to dawn across Europe.
- Scripture first above all human teaching.
- Bible translated into the language of the common people.
- Loosening the grip of the worldly government/church system. Errors and abuses of that system were pointed out.
- 1328 John Wycliffe born.
- 1348 AD, Black Death plague sweeps Europe and England.
- Bradwardine begins teaching that God alone is able to save men from their sins by His sovereign grace.
- Wycliffe is taught by Badwardine and Grosetete.
- 1349 Persecution of Jews in Germany
- Wycliffe advised King Richard II regarding the Pope, but was spared death.
- 1365 AD, Wycliffe was instrumental in King Edward and the Parliament rejecting the Pope?s demand for money.
- 1377 Courtenay summons Wycliffe for a trial at St. Paul's.
- 1378 AD, Wycliffe made the errors of the Catholic Church very clear and was put on trial, but God protected him.
- Two Popes, one in Avignon, France and one in Rome, came into being. Each excommunicated the other.
- Wycliffe translates the Bible into the language of the common people and sends out the Lollards as itinerant preachers. They would preach in any place where people would listen.
- 1382 AD, John Wycliffe declared the errors of transubstantiation and was expelled from Oxford
- 1384 AD, John Wycliffe died of a stroke.
- The Bible alone is authoritative and is fully sufficient for the government of this world.
- When the two Popes, one in France and one in Rome, each excommunicated the other, Wycliffe declared the entire Papal system to be anti-Christ, and the Pope to be the man of sin who exalts himself above God.
- In one of his duties, Wycliffe learned more about the motives of the Pope and began calling Pope Urban, anti-Christ.
- Many of the religious people rejected this restoration of the revelation of God, giving religious reasons for doing so.
Last updated: Oct, 2013
World History 14th Century
Toons & Vids
World History 4004 BC
World History 2348 BC
World History 1921 BC
World History 4 BC
World History 29 AD
World History 2nd And 3rd Centuries
World History 4th Century
World History 5th - 13th Centuries
World History 14th Century
World History 15th Century
World History 16th Century
World History 17th Century
World History 18th Century
World History 19th Century
World History 20th Century
World History 21st, Century
Answer to Critic
Appeal to Possibility
Argument to the Future
Love Between a Man and Woman
Righteousness & Holiness
Proof by Atheism
Scriptures About Marriage
The Reason for Rejecting Truth
Witness on the Internet
Flaky Human Reasoning
How Do You Know?
The Real Purpose of the Church
The Real Purpose of Life
From Glory to Glory
REAL Faith--What it IS & IS NOT
REAL Love--What it IS & IS NOT
How to be Led by God
How to Witness
Wisdom: Righteousness & Reality
Holiness & Mind/Soul
Redemption: Free From Sin
Stories Versus Revelation
Circular Reasoning-Who is Guilty?
How Can We Know Anything?
Mind Designed to Relate to God
Answers for the Confused
Fossil Record Says: "Creation"
Avoid These Pitfalls
Public School's Religion
Public School Failures
How can we know anything about anything?
That's the real question