GOVERNMENTAL FAVOR BRINGS DARKNESS
- The enemy of our souls changed his tactics from persecution to favor. The church was largely lulled to sleep.
- Constantine favored Christianity, but it's doubtful that he ever experienced a true conversion.
- Constantine used Christianity for political gain, in effect, bringing the world into the church.
- The degradation of the church had already begun previously, but the door now opened to a church of many unsaved Christians.
- Much more of the Scriptural pattern for the church was lost during this time.
- Church became one of many tolerated religions.
- Church was largely polluted by Gnostic paganism and the God-given pattern was all but gone. The moving of God?s Spirit was nearly non-existent. In a sense, the church ceased to be the church.
- 367 AD, canon of the Scripture officially recognized.
- Now, it became politically correct to become a "Christian," and many became notional "Christians" without any relationship with Christ.
- New laxity of behavior and belief introduced.
- The church now began to use coercion and persecution against any who dared to disagree with it.
- More disorders and heresies introduced into the church during this century.
- Civil government was centered at Constantinople. Church government was centered at Rome.
- 305, Diocletian attempts to annihilate the church.
- 307, Constantine began his rule
- 311, Persecution of Christians in Rome comes to an end. Christian church was not made the state church under Constantine.
- 313 AD, Edict of Milan: All religions legalized
- 313 AD, Donatists come into existence.
- Council of Nicaea decides against Arian theology.
- AD 381, Theodosius IX makes Christianity the State religion.
- New commitment to building church buildings and acquiring real estate.
- An estimated 1,540,000 Christians were martyred during the 4th century.
Last updated: Oct, 2013
World History 4th Century
Toons & Vids
World History 4004 BC
World History 2348 BC
World History 1921 BC
World History 4 BC
World History 29 AD
World History 2nd And 3rd Centuries
World History 4th Century
World History 5th - 13th Centuries
World History 14th Century
World History 15th Century
World History 16th Century
World History 17th Century
World History 18th Century
World History 19th Century
World History 20th Century
World History 21st, Century
Answer to Critic
Appeal to Possibility
Argument to the Future
Love Between a Man and Woman
Righteousness & Holiness
Proof by Atheism
Scriptures About Marriage
The Reason for Rejecting Truth
Witness on the Internet
Flaky Human Reasoning
How Do You Know?
The Real Purpose of the Church
The Real Purpose of Life
From Glory to Glory
REAL Faith--What it IS & IS NOT
REAL Love--What it IS & IS NOT
How to be Led by God
How to Witness
Wisdom: Righteousness & Reality
Holiness & Mind/Soul
Redemption: Free From Sin
Stories Versus Revelation
Circular Reasoning-Who is Guilty?
How Can We Know Anything?
Mind Designed to Relate to God
Answers for the Confused
Fossil Record Says: "Creation"
Avoid These Pitfalls
Public School's Religion
Public School Failures
How can we know anything about anything?
That's the real question