- All traveling elders with universal authority must meet the same criteria of qualification as the local elders:
- 1 Timothy 3:1-13 "This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus."
- Scripture tells us about the signs of the apostle in signs and wonders:
- 2 Corinthians 12:12 "Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds."
- There is an example that is to be set by the apostles--they must be above reproach. They must be followers of Christ in a very real sense:
- 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me."
- Philippians 3:17 "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample."
- 2 Thessalonians 3:7 "For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;"
Last updated: Sep, 2011
How To Discern Apostles
Toons & Vids
The Duration of the Apostles--How Long Will Apostles Be In the Church?
What Does the Bible Say About False Apostles, False Prophets, False Teachers, and False Pastors?
Apostles are NOT Infallible. There are NO Infallible Human Beings.
Apostles Equip the Church with the Foundation
Apostles Equip the Church with Doctrine and Revelation
Apostles Equip the Church with Government
Apostles Equip the Members of the Churches with Spiritual Gifts
Twenty Apostles are Named in the New Testament of the Bible
Apostles Had the Ministries of Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and Teacher
Who Sets an Apostle? How Do Apostles Become Apostles?
Apostles Are Set To Build the Church
How To Discern Apostles
Apostles Are Set As Servants
There Is No Such Thing As a Chief Apostle or Chief Elder
Apostles Are Set To Link the Church To Jesus and the Father
Apostles Are NOT Local Elders, Local Pastors, Local Pastor-Teachers, or Any Such Thing
Apostles Receive Their Living
Traveling Deacons versus Traveling Elders--Both Are Apostles
Answer to Critic
Appeal to Possibility
Argument to the Future
Love Between a Man and Woman
Righteousness & Holiness
Proof by Atheism
Scriptures About Marriage
The Reason for Rejecting Truth
Witness on the Internet
Flaky Human Reasoning
How Do You Know?
The Real Purpose of the Church
The Real Purpose of Life
From Glory to Glory
REAL Faith--What it IS & IS NOT
REAL Love--What it IS & IS NOT
How to be Led by God
How to Witness
Wisdom: Righteousness & Reality
Holiness & Mind/Soul
Redemption: Free From Sin
Stories Versus Revelation
Circular Reasoning-Who is Guilty?
How Can We Know Anything?
Mind Designed to Relate to God
Answers for the Confused
Fossil Record Says: "Creation"
Avoid These Pitfalls
Public School's Religion
Public School Failures
How can we know anything about anything?
That's the real question