Bible Study Tool
The futility of human effort and accomplishment.
1. the vapor of life--the vapor of trying to get wisdom
2. the vapor of pleasure/accomplishment/possessions/amusement/extreme effort--be content
3. to everything there is a season--God put the spirit of this age in the mind of all people so they wouldn't understand what He is doing from the beginning to the end
4. oppression is evil--folly of the achiever--folly of power and control
5. problem of the human trying to find God--money can't satisfy--problems caused by wealth--God, the source of wealth
6. the vapor of wealth--children don't satisfy--work doesn't satisfy--the future doesn't hold satisfaction--life is a vapor
7. a comparison of wisdom and folly and wisdom's superiority--wisdom is moderate--wisdom has strength
8. submission to human authority--human lack of capacity for understanding what God is doing
9. God is the judge of every person--with all your might, do what your hand finds to do before it's too late--wisdom's great value
10. a little foolishness ruins wisdom--problems of human power--understanding how to use wisdom--problems of human power without wisdom
11. wisdom in business--the wisdom of helping others--wisdom and joy from youth
12. keep your mind on God from youth--the teacher's purpose--live in deep respect for God and keep his commandments; this is your whole duty; God will judge it
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.